May News 2017
As the school year winds down, we’re turning it up! There’s so much going on here at ASD in these last weeks…….
- Parents’ Guild Meeting – Wednesday, May 10th (8 pm). Our last meeting of the year is always special. 8th graders receive Sports Awards, we recognize our departing families, and the new Executive Board members are inducted! Join us and help us show our appreciation to all!
- Mothers’/Fathers’ Day Sale – Friday, May 12th. Once again, we will be holding our annual gift sale, and the students will be able to shop for the special people in their lives. Of course, this can’t happen without the support of our parents. Email Donna Ribertelli at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know if you are available to help with the sale.
- ASD Fun Night – Friday, May 12th (7:30 pm). A great way to end what will be a great day, please join us as we cheer on our graduating 8th grade athletes. They will participate in various sport activities, and the evening will culminate with our traditional basketball game – the 8th grade boy and girl teams vs. faculty and parents! Don’t miss out on a “fun night”!
- Used Book Sale – Friday, May 19th. What do you do with all those great books your child has read over the past year? You share! Pass along those “gently used” books to other ASD students who can enjoy them for summer reading and for the coming school year. We will accept your donations Tuesday, May 16th and Wednesday, May 17th. Students will have the opportunity to come to the Sale during school on Friday, May 19th.
- Mother/Son Dinner Dance – Thursday, May 25th. This year, our special “date night” will be held at the Grand Oaks Country Club. Memories to be made!
- Carnival – Friday, May 26th – Sunday, May 28th. One of our new ASD traditions seems to have become a Staten Island tradition as well! Come and see why everyone looks forward to staying right here on the Island for Memorial Day Weekend!
Yup, we’re going to be busy!! See you all soon!
Parents’ Guild President